In this Alosant™ Product Highlight, we explore Reservable Place features.
A Reservable Place provides the option to reserve an amenity like a tennis court or picnic shelter without collecting an associated payment for use. Use automated features like Timetables, Amenity Pass, and Dynamic Fillable Forms and allow residents to self-manage their reservations.
To highlight the most commonly used features for a Reservable Place, we split them up into four simple sections.
- How You Set it Up
- How it Works for Your Resident
Control how a resident interacts with a reservable place.
Scenario: Control the availability of a reservable place.
Create time slots for a reservable place.
- How You Set it Up: Create a Timetable and choose the appropriate availability within time slots. Locate Timetables in the pages menu under the settings gear icon.
- How it Works: Resident reserves a place by selecting a date and time on a reservable place page.
Scenario: Limit the date range of availability for a place.
Set the reservation schedule and availability for each individual place.
- How You Set it Up: Create a User Role and enter the number of weeks you want available on the calendar within visible place calendar weeks. This will ensure only the selected weeks are seen by residents.
- How it Works: Resident selects the weeks that are visible and available.
Ensure you’re adhering to capacity limitations per place.
Scenario: Ensure resident completes all steps to reserve spaces.
Auto & Manual Approval
Allow the system to automatically approve a reservation or require approval by community staff.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page and select/deselect approve automatically. Manually approve or deny a resident within the reservation menu.
- How it Works: Resident reserves a place and receives an automated Email Confirmation or a Reservation Submitted email. If approved, the resident receives an Email Confirmation including information on their reservation.
Scenario: Allow 200 residents to reserve a set time to attend the community pool.
Control the number of residents per reservable time slot and send auto-generated Push Notification reminders.
- How You Set it Up: Create a new Amenity Pass and select the applicable Timetables and input the number of reservations allowed within max reservations.
- How it Works: Resident selects a day, time, and reservation quantity within the app. Resident receives two auto-generated Push Notifications per Amenity Pass reservation; one prior to the start of the reservation and one 10 minutes before the end of the reservation asking the resident to vacate the amenity.
Allow a resident to self-manage their reservation and eliminate the need for active team oversight.
Scenario: Cap the number of reservations in a single day.
Limits & Capacities (Auto Lock)
Set a maximum daily reservation allowance for a place.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page and insert the number of reservations allowed within max reservations per day.
- How it Works: Resident reaches the maximum daily reservation limit and the Alosant ResX Admin automatically revokes new reservation attempts by the resident.
Scenario: Generate and share a list of tennis reservations with the tennis instructor or other community staff.
Access a list of place reservations.
- How You Set it Up: Select export to CSV to generate an excel compatible file within reservations.
- How it Works: Resident information automatically uploads into the reservations list.
Scenario: Allow a resident to reserve services with your community masseuse.
Services & Appointments
Set up individual times and prices for amenity services. Link two service providers to a shared timetable to avoid double-booking on a shared space.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page and enable services. Input the different types of services and their duration.
- How it Works: Resident selects the type of service and duration of the reservation within the place page.
Control access to a place page.
Scenario: Eliminate a resident monopolizing all tennis courts.
Input rules for resident reservation quantities across grouped place locations with desired time frames.
- How You Set it Up: Create a Reservation Restriction by grouping applicable reservable amenities. Designate resident reservation quantity within desired days.
- How it Works: Resident reservations that violate a restriction get canceled through the Alosant ResX Admin.
Automated features ensure easy communication.
Scenario: Inform a resident with a confirmed reservation of an amenity closure.
Send important information to a resident smartphone.
- How You Set it Up: Create a Push Notification and input the text you want your resident to receive in notification text.
- How it Works: Resident views a Push Notification delivered to their device home screen and in the notification center.
Scenario: Confirm resident reservation details.
Send an auto-generated Email Confirmation to a resident who reserves a place.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page to generate an Email Confirmation with place details.
- How it Works: Resident reserves for a place and receives an Email Confirmation.
Scenario: Close the pool because of a lightning storm.
Cancellation Push Notifications (Amenity Pass)
Send an automated reservation Cancellation Push Notification.
- How You Set it Up: Within an Amenity Pass select cancel to send a Cancellation Push Notification to all residents with active reservations at that amenity.
- How it Works: Resident receives a Cancellation Push Notification of the canceled reservation and refers to the app for more information.
Scenario: Display status of a confirmed reservation.
Provide transparency through an overlay with applicable text on the community app Home Feed.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page to activate Status Flag. A Reserved Status Flag displays on the place page based on reservation status.
- How it Works: Resident sees applicable Status Flag on the place page on the Home Feed.
Use a button to pre-populate information allowing a resident to perform quick actions.
Scenario: View pool rules when reserving.
Display documents like a PDF or image file.
- How You Set it Up: Create a smart button with the file download function. Upload the relevant file and add the button to your place page.
- How it Works: Resident clicks on the smart button within the place page to open the file. They save the file to their mobile device by selecting download.
Manage how a resident makes a reservation.
Scenario: Avoid double-booking a space used for two different estheticians.
Share reservations between two separate amenities.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page and input the Open & Close Hours. Set up the timetable and select another place to share. Both amenities required to mutually share timetables with each other to ensure spaces are not double-booked.
- How it Works: Residents manage their reservations within a place page.
Scenario: Allow multiple residents the chance to reserve during peak times.
24-hour Maximum Reservation
Cap the number of spots a resident reserves within 24 hours.
- How You Set it Up: Create a reservable place page and input the number of spots a resident can reserve within maximum per user in 24 hours.
- How it Works: Resident reaches the maximum reservation limit and the Alosant ResX Admin no longer accepts a new request.
Collect resident answers to auto-populate PDF forms with their answers.
Scenario: Prompt resident to fill out a rental contract.
Dynamic Fillable Forms
Transfer responses from the workflow into a Dynamic Fillable Form to create a PDF.
- How You Set it Up: Create a smart button with the workflow function. Create the questions needed to complete the form. Responses get compiled and inserted into the relevant form fields. A completed form creates a PDF with answers included.
- How it Works: Resident completes the form within the app and receives a PDF copy via Email Confirmation.